Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

Since we are sick in our house right now, I made my mom's recipe of chicken noodle soup.

2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Chicken Broth
1-2 Chicken breasts cooked and chopped
1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
1/2 bag egg noodles (not cooked)
2 chicken bullion cubes
*optional 2-4 potatoes peeled and cubed

Throw everything in the crock pot except the noodles and cook 4-5 hours on high, or longer on low.
About an hour before serving, throw the noodles in there.

*My mom doesn't usually put the potatoes in there but I always do and I sometimes don't put the noodles in. It just depends what I have in my cupboards and what I'm in the mood for.
Also, sometimes I don't have chicken broth so I just boil the frozen chicken breast in some water and add onion flakes and then use that water instead of the broth.
You could also add a variety of vegetables, we just always use the peas and carrots. When I made it this last time, I used fresh carrots and just chopped them up. I like the frozen ones though because it's less work :)
This is a very creamy soup.

No comments: