Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lemonade Chicken

I found this in a "Taste of Homes" cookbook.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup lemonade concentrate ( I just used the whole can)
3 TBSP Ketchup
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Cider Vinegar
2 TBSP Cornstarch
2 TBSP Cold Water

Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine the lemonade, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 2 1/2 hours (I left mine in all afternoon)
Remove chicken and keep warm. For gravy, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the slow cooker, heat through.

I served it over rice

1 comment:

Annamarie said...

I tried this one. The Chicken was very moist. I think I put in to much lemonade concentrate. I will have to try again with a little less.